Here’s a quick tip for anyone that has connected their Android phone to their PC looking for some images and found none there.
Firstly, make sure you are using the right cable! Some are for charging only and won’t let you mount the phone as a USB drive. Let’s assume that is not the case.
In my case, I knew that there should have been a file in a particular location, but when I browsed to it, there were only two folders – not the Camera one I was expecting.
- Firstly, go to Settings > Apps then click on the three dots and make sure that you have selected: “Show system”.
- Then, scroll down and press on “Media Storage”.
- Press on “Storage”, then click on the “Clear Data” button.
- Reboot your phone before reconnecting to the PC.
- Hopefully, your files should be visible.
Written by Stephen Moon
email: stephen at logicalmoon.com